As part of our business strategy, continuous improvement of all ouf our processes has been at the forefront of our minds. With that, our new Bid Manager Dave has put together some improvements we've already started making across the business.
Some background on Dave, he has over 30 years’ experience in multi-discipline design, encompassing all aspects of engineering and contract / project management in the supply of both onshore and offshore process equipment for the Oil, Gas and Energy markets. Dave has more recently been involved in developing bids, sizing equipment, estimating complete package solutions, as well as stand-alone equipment and itemised equipment components. His role included preparation and management of proposals, including single point contact pre-award for commercial and technical clarification closure. Dave has a degree in science and innovation and is a member of the Institute of Engineering Designers (MIED).
A very much client focused person, Dave ensures that commitments to clients are maintained or improved. He has gained practical experience working on major project constructions sites such as Bab Development in UAE, Mossmorran Fife Ethylene Plant, Kvaerner module yards in Stavanger. He has led a number of FPSO topside projects as the engineering or project leader, including Gryphon, Schiehallion, Leadon, Crystal Ocean, Barracuda / Caratinga & Jotun. Dave has also spent a significant period in the Bonny River Nigeria working on a propane and butane splitter package.
As part of his role at UnitBirwelco, Dave and the team have been working on continuous improvements, some of them include:-
· To support the existing engineering team by establishing production equipment as a separate area of capability for Birwelco, designing and manufacturing manifolds, separators and water and gas treatment package solutions. Dave will also liaise with the senior process team and BD members to consider what other new products solutions would be of benefit and interest to the marketplace.
· Support the engineering and applications team to help them maintain and improve upon client deadlines for bid submission. The preparation of commercial and technical offers in parallel with equipment sizing activities will be of assistance, together with managing the input from suppliers to ensure timely responses.
· Developed a folder of pre-qualification documents for bid qualifications to support bid submissions This is a work in progress and will be maintained on an ongoing basis to maximise benefits.
· Developing existing pricing spreadsheets to better establish and determine cost data. The intent is that the source information for pricing will be within one spreadsheet, with pricing formulae used to determine weight and value for critical and bulk items.
· By addressing the above and managing the proposal output, Dave will free up time for senior management personnel within the Company to manage their areas of responsibility, as the strategy to develop the business through profitable growth is undertaken.
We're always looking for ways to improve, and getting our staff involved in every step of the process is key - everyone is on the same page and working towards the same goals.